FdA Professional Dance Performance
Applications to study at our leading conservatoire, delivering world-class education and training in theatre dance and music theatre, are now open to applicants aged 16 and above.
This two-year programme, leading to a further BA (Hons) Professional Performance (top-up) year, provides a thorough grounding in key dance techniques with in-depth development of specialist skills leading to specialisation in classical ballet, contemporary dance, jazz dance or music theatre. Students can tailor parts of their timetable to explore different styles and become versatile performers. Knowledge of dance science, choreographic and contextual studies are integrated to enhance professional performance practice. Students have frequent opportunities to perform, from informal, in-house presentations of work to full-length performances at major London venues.
This programme is subject to approval by the University of Bedfordshire. Please click here for further information about the final year BA (Hons) Professional Performance (top-up).
- Versatile, high-quality professional training in ballet, contemporary dance, jazz dance and music theatre
- Extensive performance opportunities built into the curriculum throughout the programme
- Specialist teaching faculty with wide-ranging and current industry experience
Applicants are normally expected to have:
- a minimum of grade 4 in English Language (Grade C if awarded prior to 2017), or the equivalent qualification, plus four other GCSEs
- current dance skills, practical knowledge and understanding to a standard equivalent to Level 3 (for example A Level Dance practical examination) demonstrated at audition.
- successful auditionees must demonstrate the potential and physical aptitude to benefit from professional dance and music theatre training. Their level of health and fitness necessary to study intensively will be confirmed at a physical examination by a specialist physiotherapist.
We are unable to accept applications for deferred entry, or defer offers for this programme as applicants must retain a high level of fitness prior to enrolment.
IELTS score: IELTS overall score of 6.0 with 5.5 in each element. International applications will be assessed using UKBA AND University of Bedfordshire policy, check English language requirements at: www.beds.ac.uk/english-language
The programme prepares you for diverse careers in the performing arts. Recent graduates from London Studio Centre are working successfully in a wide range of professional dance companies, while others have appeared in leading roles in musicals in the West End and elsewhere. Other graduates are pursuing careers in acting, producing, directing, choreographing, writing, teaching and management in the UK and overseas, with a range of dance companies and performing arts organisations.
Did you know?
Students train intensively in a range of dance and performance techniques in a professional conservatoire setting, taught by industry professionals.
An intensive, individual personalised timetable is designed to fulfil the student's professional aspirations. More details will be announced soon.