Validation & Accreditation
The BA (Hons) Theatre Dance and MA Dance Producing & Management programmes were developed and are delivered and assessed by London Studio Centre, awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
London Studio Centre is accredited by CDMT and is listed as one of CDMT’s Accredited Schools. CDMT ensures the provision of high quality professional dance and musical theatre training through Accreditation of full-time dance and performing arts schools, and has provided the industry benchmark of quality assurance for professional dance and musical theatre training in the UK since 1979.
London Studio Centre has undergone a review for educational oversight by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in 2017 and has received its final report, which is available in full here along with previous years reports.
We have received the following judgements from QAA about the standards and quality:
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of degree-awarding bodies and/or other awarding organisations meets UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities is commended.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
LSC's 2018 TEF Gold Rating
London Studio Centre applied for the Teaching Excellence Framework (Year Two), gaining a Gold Award in June 2018 for one year. The Government scheme aim is to recognise and reward excellence in teaching and learning, and help inform prospective students’ choices for higher education. The TEF Panel reviewed LSC’s metrics (these include the National Student Survey, Destination of Leavers of HE survey and Higher Education Statistics Agency information) and submission in relation to the TEF criteria and its judgement reflects in particular additional evidence of:
- the high levels of contact time, including personalised provision and individual support, with associated levels of engagement and active commitment to learning and study from students
- the ethos of ensuring student engagement and valuing the student voice in its programme design and quality assurance processes
- access to professional facilities that are actively and consistently used by students to enhance learning
- the engagement of students with developments from the forefront of the field of practice research.
To be awarded gold rating, LSC has delivered “consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students” and be of “the highest quality found in the UK”. For our 2018 rating the Office for Students noted that “that students from all backgrounds achieve consistently outstanding outcomes” and that LSC graduates have “exceptionally high” employment rates and student satisfaction rates.