MOVE IT 2017
London Studio Centre will return to MOVE IT 2017 from Friday 10 - Sunday 12 March, at ExCeL London.
LSC will be taking prime position at Stand 155, located next to the Main Stage, and staff and students will be on hand to answer questions about our range of courses, the audition process and insights into day-to-day life at LSC.
Studio 2 will also be sponsored by London Studio Centre, and will host a range of classes delivered by our faculty:
FRIDAY 10 MARCH
- Ballet Workshop (10.45-11.30) – A ballet workshop fusing traditional classical technique with modern choreography. Intermediate class
- Music Video Workshop with LSC (13.45-14.30) – Learn the hottest routines from your favourite artists in this commercial dance music video workshop, taught by an industry professional who has worked with some of the biggest names in music, from TV to arena tours. Open class
SATURDAY 11 MARCH
- Contemporary Workshop with LSC (11.45-12.45) – A dynamic and fast-paced contemporary dance class for students with previous dance experience. Improve your technique and develop as an artist under the guidance of an experienced choreographer, performer and teacher. Intermediate class
- Tap Workshop with LSC (13.45-14.30) – An upbeat and lively tap class taught by a renowned industry professional and regular LSC teacher. Intermediate class
- Commercial Workshop with LSC (15.45-16.30) – This class welcomes boys of all ages and levels to learn an explosive commercial/street dance routine. The session provides an excellent taster of LSC’s Commercial Sunday School, which regularly welcomed top teachers from across the industry. Open class
- Hip Hop Dance Theatre with LSC (16.45-17.30) – Learn an energetic and exciting piece of hip hop dance theatre repertoire. Our experienced teacher will make the performance come alive as you learn excerpts of rep in a fun and accessible class, open to all ages and abilities. Open class
SUNDAY 12 MARCH
- Audition Workshop with LSC (12.45-13.30) – Get a unique taste of LSC’s audition process with excerpts from a typical audition class. Learn an example routine taught by an LSC panel member, with hints and tips on how best to present yourself for full-time vocational training. Intermediate class
- LSC Saturday Associate Programme (15.45-16.30) – Aimed at students considering full-time training, the Saturday Associate Programme strives to achieve the technical standard required for entry into a range of vocational colleges. This class for students aged 13-17 will provide a taster in the fundamental techniques of jazz dance, which are developed alongside other disciplines over the year-long programme. Intermediate class
To book tickets for entry to Move It and to all the classes on offer, visit the Move It 2017 website.
While our students are unable to perform on the Main Stage this year, due to assessments and other performance commitments, you can see them perform in our annual Spring Showcase just a couple of weeks later on Thursday 23 March. The performances take place in the Pentland Theatre, artsdepot following our spring Open Day, and feature a range of repertory pieces and students’ own choreography, spanning contemporary dance, hip hop, music theatre and drama. Click here for more information.
Last year we went to Move It in an iconic double-decker red bus, bringing a touch of the West End into the ExCel Centre. Check out our gallery below for a glimpse at previous Move It events. You can also relive our Move It 2015 Main Stage performances on our YouTube channel here.